Dosimeter: Quest EDGE Cable-Free Noise Dosimeters - EG4, EG5
Quest EDGE Cable-Free Noise Dosimeters - EG4, EG5
As the market leader in noise dosimeters, Quest is committed to offering the most innovative cable-free dosimeter on the market today. The Edge is available with three models including the EG5 model for intrinsically safe environments. With the Edge there's no bulky heavy dosimeter weighing you down. No more worrying about the cable interfering with your work. Weighing in at a mere 3 ounces and featuring a thin, contoured shoulder mount, you'll barely notice the Edge at work.
Even with its sleek size, you can display SPL, Dose, Lavg or Leq, TWA, Max Level, Min Levl, Peak Level, Exposure and Run Time while in run mode. No other cable-free dosimeter on the market has this capability. In addition, the display will show a visual indicator when exposure limits have been exceeded.
The Edge is available with 1- or 5-bay "EdgeDock" docking stations. The dosimeters are placed on the EdgeDock and a red flashing light indicates that it is charging.
Battery life boasts over 60 hours of run time on the EG4 model and with 40 hour nominal without LED activated on the intrinsically safe EG5 model. The rechargeable lithium polymer battery is the latest technology giving it superior run time. In addition, the battery will only need to be replaced every 3 years, or possibly longer, saving you money over the life of the instument compared to other dosimeters on the market.
1. Convenient and efficient cable-free design eliminates the microphone cable and the potential to get in the way.
2. Thin, coutoured shoulder mount hugs your shoulder. Small and compact frame offers superior comfort.
3. Rechargeable lithium polymer battery enables the Edge to have the longest battery life in the industry for cable-free dosimeters.
4. Offered with 1- or 5-bay "EdgeDock" docking stations for quick and easy recharge and data downloading.
5. Downloads to 3M Detection Management Software for analysis and management of measurement of data.
6. Two Models Available: The EG4 and the EG5 models with dual dosimeters and data logging/time history. The EG5 meets the American and International standards for Instrinsic safety. (The EG3 model has been phased out).
Specifications for the Edge:
Functional Requirements Include:
- Microphone: 1/4 inch prepolarized condenser field replaceable threaded microphone
- Measuring range: 70dB - 140dB
- Windscreen: Rugged foam permanently attached to a threaded mount for maximum protection
Dosimeter (EG4 has second independent dosimeter)
- Independent thresholds selectable from 70dB to 90dB or none
- Independent Exchange Rates 3 dB, 4DB or 5dB in 1 dB increments
- Independent Criterion Levels from 70dB to 90dB in 1 dB increments
- RMS Range: 70 - 140dB
- RMS Weighting: A or C
- RMS Time response: Fast or Slow
- Peak Range: 110 - 143dB
- Peak Weighting: Selectable C or Z for models EG3 and EG4; Selectable A, C, or Z for the EG5 model (Peak is independent of the RMS dosimeter settings)
- SPL - Max Level - Exposure
- Lavg or Leq - Min Level - Run Time
- TWA - Peak Level - LC-A
Displayed Status Indicators
- Battery - Dose Exposure Indicator (Multicolored LED, user selectable)
- Overload Indication
- Calibration times displayed
- Lock out security functions (multilevel)
- Device setup: Easy quick setup v in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese
- Data Logging - Lavg or Leq (1 & 2), Max, Peak, and Overload indication at one minute intervals (EG4 and EG5 models)
- Battery: Lithium Polymer (Flat cell)
- Battery Life: 60+ hours EG4 model, 40 hours for EG5 nominal without LED activated
- Battery charge: Quick charge in EdgeDock in 2 to 4 hours. Recommended daily download data with simultaneous battery charging for maximum efficiency
- Memory capacity: 180 hours
- Communications: Short haul serial infrared (SIR) via the EdgeDock)
- ANSI S1.25 Personal Noise Dosimeters
- IEC61252 Personal Sound Exposure Meters - ROHS compliant
- Intrinsic safety (eg 5)
- EN 60079-0:2006, EN 60079-11:2007, EN 60079-26:2007
- ICEx certification number: SIM 08:0012
- MSHA Approval number: 18-A1000008-0
- ATEX Directive 94/9/EC for use in Potentially Explosive Atmosphere certification number: Sira 09ATEX2269
- CSA International (US and Canada) certificate number: 2283414
- Weight is 3 ounces (86 grams)
- Size is 3.5" long x 2.1" wide x 0.75" thick (88mm x 53mm x 19mm)
- Case material: Engineered Polymer
- IP rated 65
- Lockable windscreen
- Keypad: 4 keys - Up Arrow, Down Arrow, Run/Stop, On/Off, Enter
- Display: 128 x 64 LCD
- Alligator clothing clip/ suspender clasp
- Variety of other mounting methods for hard hats, etc.
Docking Stations: Single and Five bay Versions
- Communications via the EdgeDock and USB to PC
- Typical recharge in 2 to 4 hours
- Complete instrument fits neatly into EdgeDock without removing mounting devices
- Operating temperature range: -10C to 50C (14F to 122F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -25C to 60C (-13F to 140F)
- Humidity Range: 0 - 95% non-condensing